Seminar on good governance & eco development
Dimapur, February 24 (MExN): Seminar on good governance and economic development for Tizit Block of Mon district was held at Shangsa Village on February 23. Hills Area Development Organization (HADO) organized the programme with an objective to enhance the knowledge of good governance and create the clear concept of economic development in village councils and town councils.
Deputy Commissioner Mon Angou I Thou, ADC Tizit Nyangpong and BDO Tizit Block Angam Phom were the resource persons. The session moderated by Director HADO reviewed the deliberation of the session and interacted to bring out the resolution as outcome: that the participants decided to disseminate the same information and create awareness on good governance in their respective communities. It is also decided that every community shall try to conduct Social Audit as to maintain transparency and accountability of VDB and communitized fund; that whoever did the same shall be reported to district administration and HADO office to set as model for other communities. The programme was dedicated to God through prayer offered by Honngo Pastor Shangsa and Rev Sheipa Pastor Lapa Lampong. The same programme will be conducted in other development blocks viz. Mon, Wakching, Phomching, Chen, Tobu within first half of this year.
The programme was attended by all leaders of Shangsa village, delegates from 25 villages under Tizit Block such as pastors, village council chairmen, and VDB secretaries, head GBs, GBs, women representatives and youth representatives. The keynote address was proposed by Director HADO Peihwang Wangsa.
- Stigma hinders efforts to combat leprosy
- Antony not to contest Lok Sabha polls: Congress
- Pankaj Mishra wins $150,000 Yale literary prize
- UIAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani joins Congress
- India set to challenge US for election-spending record
- ‘Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers checked’
- North Koreans cast votes, but govt decides for whom
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea
- Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- ‘Delay in talks due to lack of wisdom, guts’
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8802