Seminar on good governance & eco development
Dimapur, February 24 (MExN): Seminar on good governance and economic development for Tizit Block of Mon district was held at Shangsa Village on February 23. Hills Area Development Organization (HADO) organized the programme with an objective to enhance the knowledge of good governance and create the clear concept of economic development in village councils and town councils.
Deputy Commissioner Mon Angou I Thou, ADC Tizit Nyangpong and BDO Tizit Block Angam Phom were the resource persons. The session moderated by Director HADO reviewed the deliberation of the session and interacted to bring out the resolution as outcome: that the participants decided to disseminate the same information and create awareness on good governance in their respective communities. It is also decided that every community shall try to conduct Social Audit as to maintain transparency and accountability of VDB and communitized fund; that whoever did the same shall be reported to district administration and HADO office to set as model for other communities. The programme was dedicated to God through prayer offered by Honngo Pastor Shangsa and Rev Sheipa Pastor Lapa Lampong. The same programme will be conducted in other development blocks viz. Mon, Wakching, Phomching, Chen, Tobu within first half of this year.
The programme was attended by all leaders of Shangsa village, delegates from 25 villages under Tizit Block such as pastors, village council chairmen, and VDB secretaries, head GBs, GBs, women representatives and youth representatives. The keynote address was proposed by Director HADO Peihwang Wangsa.
- Is Mathew 6:24 justified?
- How serious is NPF’s crisis? Observation No.2
- Two persons arrested and fake items seized
- Workshop on millets cultivation underway in Kohima
- DEF Kohima arrests four
- Survival Nagaland accuses Govt & social orgs of ‘sleeping’ over IBI issues
- The centre has given 'unambiguous decision' to support TR Zeliang: NPF Central Youth Wing
- Heath Mela at Beisumpuikam Village Peren
- Nagaland state 2nd highest tobacco consumer in India
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 10374