Porn row: Three Karnataka Ministers resign
Bangalore, February 8 (AGENCIES): The three Ministers in the BJP Government in Karnataka, who were caught watching pornography on a mobile phone during the Assembly proceedings, resigned early on Wednesday morning. Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda said Minister for Co-operation Lakshman Savadi, Minister for Women and Child Development C.C. Patil and Minister for Ports and Environment Krishna Palemar had submitted their resignations "voluntarily". The resignations, which were forwarded to Governor H.R. Bhardwaj, have been accepted. The resignations come after widespread public outrage over television visuals showed the three Ministers watching pornographic video clippings during the Assembly session on Tuesday.
- How Nelson Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- It was a bad performance and it started with bowling: Dhoni
- Heat trampled by Bulls
- Aussies take control of second Ashes test
- Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic
- First Hornbill snooker championship underway
- Get a taste of the Hornbill Festival in Dimapur
- Voices of Hope wins Hornbill Choir Competition
- Hornbill Masterchef competition enters 4th round
- Culturally yours...
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 4822