Re-poll in many Manipur constituencies
Imphal, February 16 (NNN): In the backdrop of charges from political parties that the Election Commission of India did nothing on the issue of proxy voting, the latter has given instructions to the State Chief Election Officer (CEO) to prepare for re-poll, an official source said here Thursday. A photo-comparison drive using computer software for facial recognition to determine proxy voting or double-voting is now on way under the supervision of Manipur CEO Lawmkunga. The work will be completed by February 20, the source said. The CEO will have a video-conference with ECI on February 21 after completion of the face-determination process, the source added. Also today, a video-conference was held between the ECI officials and the state CEO during which the former raised questions on the reliability of the face-recognition software, the source added. A team of top ECI officials, including Alok Shukla, Anus Jaipuria and the three observers who conducted photo comparison activities here a few days ago will be coming to Imphal on February 22.
- ‘Invest in the future, defeat malaria’
- Microsoft launches app to control PCs via mobile
- Maruti Suzuki loses No 2 slot to Nissan in car exports
- Wisdom to build the future
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- ANSTA calls for release of SSA teacher’s salary
- Discovery to chronicle Mt. Everest avalanche
- Sex, lies and Goa's massage parlours
- RCN responds to NTC statement
- NPCC response to Home Minister’s Ultimatum
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8920