Re-poll in many Manipur constituencies
Imphal, February 16 (NNN): In the backdrop of charges from political parties that the Election Commission of India did nothing on the issue of proxy voting, the latter has given instructions to the State Chief Election Officer (CEO) to prepare for re-poll, an official source said here Thursday. A photo-comparison drive using computer software for facial recognition to determine proxy voting or double-voting is now on way under the supervision of Manipur CEO Lawmkunga. The work will be completed by February 20, the source said. The CEO will have a video-conference with ECI on February 21 after completion of the face-determination process, the source added. Also today, a video-conference was held between the ECI officials and the state CEO during which the former raised questions on the reliability of the face-recognition software, the source added. A team of top ECI officials, including Alok Shukla, Anus Jaipuria and the three observers who conducted photo comparison activities here a few days ago will be coming to Imphal on February 22.
- Will illegal migrants outnumber North East indigenous people in 30 years?
- Tenants - Landowners Conflicts in Ralan Area
- WHO warns of ‘shadow zones’ & unreported Ebola cases
- India, Pak trade gunfire in Kashmir; 4 dead
- Sri Lanka must ensure justice for Tamils: Modi
- Nick Cannon 'walked out on marriage to Mariah Carey’
- Jennifer Lopez May Marry Again
- Purple Fusion
- Mobile phones cause changes in metabolism
- President pitches for women’s education, skill development
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 4167