AR nabs three NSCN/GPRN cadres
Dimapur, February 19 (MExN): The Assam Rifles today informed that two cadres, both from the NSCN (Isak-Muivah) were apprehended on February 15 while another was nabbed on February 16 when they were “collecting taxes” in separate incidents.
The 29th Assam Rifles said to have launched an operation near Sukhavi village and apprehended two persons namely Swapon 30 yrs, a “Razapheio” of NSCN (IM), resident of Ganesh Nagar in Dimapur and one Shikaya Sema, 28 yrs, a “Razapheio” of NSCN (IM), resident of Ghuhoto village under Dimapur. The note from the AR said that the two were “collecting taxes.” Receipts and “authority letters” from a “leacy” were also recovered from the two, the AR said. Along with the recover items both NSCN (IM) cadres were handed over to Dimapur Police, the Assam Rifles said.
Likewise, the AR said that on February 16, the 29th Assam Rifles launched an operation near Diphupar village and apprehended a person called Mathew, son of one Abraham, 32 yrs “(under secy, NSCN (IM),” resident of Thilixu village in Dimapur. The person was “collecting tax” from shopkeepers, the Assam Rifles said in a note. “A sum of Rs. 1, 55,500 collected as tax and collection receipts were recovered from him. The individual along with recoveries was handed over to Dimapur Police,” the Assam Rifles said.
- NVCO appeal churches to pray for ACAUT mission
- Faith Vs Reason
- Satanism in Nagaland: Putting it into Perspective
- Governor launches Poorna Shakti Kendra
- NAGALAND CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- 'Corruption-free Meghalaya crucial'
- Toll free helpline for women in distress launched in Tripura
- Northeast Briefs
- 'Hand over 20 rescued children to Meghalaya chief secretary'
- Arunachal begins 24/7 patrolling before polls
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8745