KMC clarifies on market demolition
DIMAPUR, FEBRUARY 20 (MExN): The Kohima Municipal Council (KMC) has justified its stand over the demolition of the depilated Kohima Super Market building. A press note issued by CEO Elizabeth Ngully stated that it had no intention to cause any harm or loss but to go ahead with the demolition while realizing the urgent need for construction of a modern super market with all the modern facilities for a better shopping experience tomorrow. It stated that the super market building constructed in the early 70’s was without any firm foundation and the wear and tear due to natural forces were causing and weakening the buildings infrastructure. Taking this into serious consideration and not forgetting the fact of cataclysmic tragedy in events of earthquakes, subsidence, earth slides etc, the Chief Town Planner since 2003 had pressed on the urgent need for dismantling of the building.
- People urged to be ‘pro-active’ for good electoral system in Nagaland
- Home Ministry alerts North East over ‘possible attacks’
- Obama and Modi announce breakthrough understanding
- The NPF Crisis
- NSCN (K) denies involvement in abductions
- Naga student’s art selected for international exhibition
- Nagaland News File
- ‘Con Spirito’ - A classical concert
- Day 15: Why Do We Need Government?
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 10242