PM to write to CMs on NCTC
New Delhi, February 21 (PTI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said that he will be writing to the chief ministers explaining government’s position on NCTC. The opposition to NCTC has grown louder with at least 13 states, including West Bengal headed by UPA ally Trinamool Congress, voicing concerns about the formation of the body, which they claimed will usurp the powers of states and disturb the federal structure. As per the proposal, the NCTC would be a single window organisation that will gather and disseminate intelligence to central and state security organisations. Functions of NCTC will include drawing up of plans and coordinating all actions particularly counter terrorism and integrating all intelligence pertaining to counter terrorism. It will coordinate with relevant probe and intelligence agencies to ensure that the perpetrators of terror are brought to justice besides maintaining comprehensive data base of terrorists, their associates and supporters.
- Hamilton wins in Singapore, takes F1 title lead
- Man United implodes in 5-3 loss to Leicester
- Ivanovic beats Wozniacki to win Pan Pacific Open
- Retiring Li Na has 'no regrets'
- Indian men thrash Sri Lanka 8-0 in hockey
- Bye-Election: District Level Standing Committee constituted
- SJC Jakhama Literary Fest concludes
- Nagaland News File
- ‘Hindi Diwas’ celebrated at Kohima
- Organisations applauds Dimapur Police
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 5283