PM to write to CMs on NCTC
New Delhi, February 21 (PTI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said that he will be writing to the chief ministers explaining government’s position on NCTC. The opposition to NCTC has grown louder with at least 13 states, including West Bengal headed by UPA ally Trinamool Congress, voicing concerns about the formation of the body, which they claimed will usurp the powers of states and disturb the federal structure. As per the proposal, the NCTC would be a single window organisation that will gather and disseminate intelligence to central and state security organisations. Functions of NCTC will include drawing up of plans and coordinating all actions particularly counter terrorism and integrating all intelligence pertaining to counter terrorism. It will coordinate with relevant probe and intelligence agencies to ensure that the perpetrators of terror are brought to justice besides maintaining comprehensive data base of terrorists, their associates and supporters.
- People urged to be ‘pro-active’ for good electoral system in Nagaland
- Home Ministry alerts North East over ‘possible attacks’
- Obama and Modi announce breakthrough understanding
- The NPF Crisis
- NSCN (K) denies involvement in abductions
- Naga student’s art selected for international exhibition
- Nagaland News File
- ‘Con Spirito’ - A classical concert
- Day 15: Why Do We Need Government?
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 10242