PM to write to CMs on NCTC
New Delhi, February 21 (PTI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said that he will be writing to the chief ministers explaining government’s position on NCTC. The opposition to NCTC has grown louder with at least 13 states, including West Bengal headed by UPA ally Trinamool Congress, voicing concerns about the formation of the body, which they claimed will usurp the powers of states and disturb the federal structure. As per the proposal, the NCTC would be a single window organisation that will gather and disseminate intelligence to central and state security organisations. Functions of NCTC will include drawing up of plans and coordinating all actions particularly counter terrorism and integrating all intelligence pertaining to counter terrorism. It will coordinate with relevant probe and intelligence agencies to ensure that the perpetrators of terror are brought to justice besides maintaining comprehensive data base of terrorists, their associates and supporters.
- Pitt and Jolie got married!
- Banking for all to end ‘financial untouchability’
- No substantial evidence to ‘implicate’ EDBA President
- Daily exercise improves bone and joint health
- NSF informs
- WEAK EDUCATION SYSTEM Students unable to compete
- Church of Worship
- Prohibition or no Prohibition, Who will bell the Cat?
- CRSU & CRVCU reacts to Chendang saddle issue
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 4395