Saif Ali Khan arrested, released on bail
Mumbai, February 22 (IANS): Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan was arrested Wednesday evening for assaulting an NRI businessman and later released on bail, an official said. Saif was arrested after he was brought by Mumbai police to the Colaba Police station for interrogation in the case. Saif was virtually declared ‘wanted’ for assaulting South African NRI businessman Iqbal Sharma, who is also the director general and CEO of the Trade, Industry & Investments of South Africa. The actor has been charged under various sections of the Indian Penal Code for allegedly assaulting Sharma in the Taj Mahal Hotel around 1 a.m. Wednesday morning. Police said a case of assault had been registered at the Colaba police station. Police are also questioning staff at the hotel and examining the CCTV footage.
Sharma told TimesNow television that Saif called him an “idiot” for complaining about the actor’s loud conduct at a restaurant in the Taj Mahal Hotel. He said he and his family had requested the restaurant manager to ask Saif and his friends, which included Kareena, Amrita Arora and Malaika Arora Khan, to keep their voices down. Sharma said he and his family decided to move to another part of the restaurant downstairs. “As we were going down the stairs, Saif was coming up, probably from the toilet. As he passed me, he called me an idiot and asked ‘Do you know who I am?’”
- Hamilton wins in Singapore, takes F1 title lead
- Man United implodes in 5-3 loss to Leicester
- Ivanovic beats Wozniacki to win Pan Pacific Open
- Retiring Li Na has 'no regrets'
- Indian men thrash Sri Lanka 8-0 in hockey
- Bye-Election: District Level Standing Committee constituted
- SJC Jakhama Literary Fest concludes
- Nagaland News File
- ‘Hindi Diwas’ celebrated at Kohima
- Organisations applauds Dimapur Police
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 5283