Dimapur Bara Masjid prohibits
Dimapur, February 23 (MExN): Leaders of the Muslim community of Dimapur have taken a decision prohibiting Muslim members from ‘publishing any view or opinion relating to the Muslim identity.’ The president of Dimapur Bara Masjid Jamaat said the resolutions were taken February 19 at the Bara Masjid in Dimapur “following the recent Muslim Identity issue which has been widely reported in the local dailies of Nagaland.”
“No member of the Muslim community, Dimapur, shall publish any view or opinion relating to the Muslim identity issue against any particular individual or family by taking the recourse to publications of such matters in the local dailies,” a note from GB Halim Khan stated today.
The recent statement by “some members” of the Muslim community “against some members of the Muslim Council, Dimapur” published in the local dailies “is regretted,” the note said. “It is hoped that such controversies may be avoided in future and that an endeavour should be made to create better relations within the Muslim community and with the public at large.”
All issues concerning illegal immigrants are to be left to the competent authority and hence, the council said no member of the Dimapur Muslim community “shall create any controversy in public relating to the matter.”
- Mokokchung District Dobashi celebrates Quasquicentennial
- Survival Nagaland condemns Notun Basti assault
- Nagaland News File
- Career CliniQ’s Eduyearbook 2014 launched
- 'Amur Falcons stretching their stay'
- One held with spasmo
- ABCYD releases ‘The Wake-up Call’
- Hipfest, chilli eating contest, Fat Mania at Hornbill
- CM inspects retaining wall construction in Kohima
- BJP Kiphire Unit general conference held
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8000