Water Supply at Kohima from March 1
Kohima, February 24 (MExN): Executive Engineer, PHE, Urban Division, Vikeduolie has informed that in order to facilitate additional drinking water during the lean period, the PHE department Nagaland, has arranged to distribute drinking water by water tankers to the public in the state capital. It said the drinking water distribution will start from 1 March till 30 April, subject to extension, while the fees for the bulk sale of the full tanker of capacity 9000 liters is fixed at the rate of Rs. 2500 and the fee for 3500 liters capacity is fixed at Rs. 1500 and for 1500 liter capacity is fixed at Rs. 600.
Under no circumstances, a full tanker of water shall be sold to any hotel/restaurant/hostel etc, however a Panchayat Chairman/ward Councilor may buy the full tanker at the prescribed rate for onward distribution to the locality people, further it informed that the water is for drinking and cooking only and not for any other purpose.
For any query/information/help/request for water, general public are informed to contact the control room at PHED, Urban Division Office, Kohima through the contact number, 97744019133, Sub Divisional Officer, PHE, Kohima, Urban Division at 9463820917. It further said that the public drinking water distribution system will be made with preference to ward/colonies where pipe water supply is minimum.
- Assam Rifles seize ammunition and liquor
- 70th Khonoma Rüffüno Day observed
- BJYM cautions against the misuse of Jan Dhan scheme
- Bodies explain reasons for mass casual leave
- Nagaland News File
- Competitions held at Sainik School Punglwa
- Fisheries director retires, department bids farewell
- ‘Go beyond textbooks and syllabi’
- Training on soil and water conservation
- PMG directed to fast track development in North East
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 4373