ABAM wants Mkg’s title changed
Dimapur, February 25 (MExN): The Ao church wants a different “title” for Mokokchung other than “the Land of Fashion and Music.” The Ao Baptist Church Association (ABAM) has requested that Mokokchung be titled “the cradle of Christianity and Education.” The church organization claims that the district is the “birth place of Christianity.” A copy of a letter addressed to the Deputy Commissioner of Mokokchung requesting a change in the sobriquet for Mokokchung district was received here.
The ABAM stated – “It has come to the public notice through 2011 Calendar, that, the Government of Nagaland has titled Mokokchung district as ‘the Land of Fashion and Music.’ The Ao Baptist Arogo Mungdang in its annual meeting of 2011 (Nov. 17-18) thoroughly discussed the matter and basing on historical facts of Mokokchung district as the birth place of Christianity and education for the Nagas, resolved to bring before your august office to kindly name/title Mokokchung district as ‘the cradle of Christianity and education” instead of the title mentioned above.” The note was appended by executive secretary of the ABAM Rev. Dr. Mar Atsongchanger.
- Former State chaplain's wife dies, Rio & TR Zeliang offer condolences
- Training held for effective use of USSD services
- ATMA Mon officials and farmers go on exposure trip
- Rally against sale of liquor and drugs in Englan range
- Unions demand re-opening Eklavya Model Residential School
- Dimapur GBs asked to give house numbers by Aug 31
- CBCC Fasting & Prayer Day August 1, 2014
- MALT awaits RTI reply; demands action against Public Info Officer
- ‘Peoples’ Dialogue’ on Assam-Nagaland border issue
- Sazo for framing Hepatitis C policy
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 10192