15 day deadline to take action against erring cops
Dimapur, February 25 (MExN): Following an assault on the President of the Niuland Area Citizens Forum (NACF) Mr Isak G Zhimomi, a strongly worded memorandum was issued to the SP Dimapur by eight civil society group of Niuland area demanding the immediate termination of the entire Mobile Squad/police personnel involved in the assault which took place on the night of February 23. The memorandum to the SP also gave an ultimatum that the demands be met within 15 days from the date of receiving the memorandum, failing which it cautioned that it shall leave no stone unturned until the demands are fulfilled.
According to the memorandum, an emergency joint meeting was held on February 25 at Niuland in relation to the assault case. The other demand included that all medical expenses that has been incurred and all matters related to it should be borne by the government. Thirdly since the victim has been made handicapped for life (hearing impaired), the concerned authorities should see to it that “it be restored in whatsoever manner”.
- Taliban attack...
- A Bangladeshi boy...
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan committees constituted
- Dimapur GBs Asso refutes allegations
- Practice the act of embracing, urges FNR
- Pakistani student, Mohammad Baqair, who survived last Tuesday’s Taliban attack
- CM calls for restructuring of NST
- Vehicle thieves prowl carnival vicinity
- Digital Literacy Mission launched in Nagaland
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 9005