Dimapur features as mega tourist circuit
Dimapur, March 18 (MExN): The Ministry of Tourism has identified 53 ‘mega tourist destinations/circuits’ one of which is Dimapur, on the basis of ‘future tourism potential.’ Out of the 53 identified projects, funds for 35 have already been sanctioned. For Nagaland, the destination circuit is Dimapur. The funds sanctioned for Dimapur for year 2011-2012 is Rs. 2370.45 lakhs for development of a circuit in Dimapur, the Ministry said in the press release. For each identified mega destination and circuit, the ministry said, the contribution of the Ministry of Tourism as central financial assistance is capped at Rs.25.00 crore and Rs.50.00 crore respectively under the scheme of ‘product/infrastructure development for destinations and circuits.” The ministry said implementation of the sanctioned ‘mega destinations/circuits’ is primarily the responsibility of the state/UTs.
- NVCO appeal churches to pray for ACAUT mission
- Faith Vs Reason
- Satanism in Nagaland: Putting it into Perspective
- Governor launches Poorna Shakti Kendra
- NAGALAND CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- 'Corruption-free Meghalaya crucial'
- Toll free helpline for women in distress launched in Tripura
- Northeast Briefs
- 'Hand over 20 rescued children to Meghalaya chief secretary'
- Arunachal begins 24/7 patrolling before polls
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8745