Dimapur features as mega tourist circuit
Dimapur, March 18 (MExN): The Ministry of Tourism has identified 53 ‘mega tourist destinations/circuits’ one of which is Dimapur, on the basis of ‘future tourism potential.’ Out of the 53 identified projects, funds for 35 have already been sanctioned. For Nagaland, the destination circuit is Dimapur. The funds sanctioned for Dimapur for year 2011-2012 is Rs. 2370.45 lakhs for development of a circuit in Dimapur, the Ministry said in the press release. For each identified mega destination and circuit, the ministry said, the contribution of the Ministry of Tourism as central financial assistance is capped at Rs.25.00 crore and Rs.50.00 crore respectively under the scheme of ‘product/infrastructure development for destinations and circuits.” The ministry said implementation of the sanctioned ‘mega destinations/circuits’ is primarily the responsibility of the state/UTs.
- AKK elucidates previous statement on MGNREGA wages
- DC Mon distributes relief materials
- Methaneilie enthral fans in Kohima
- YSU celebrates Golden Jubilee
- PIL to be filed on DMC Waste Dumping Site
- From Facebook to cleaning Medziphema
- ‘Hope Christmas foster feelings of oneness’
- How do we express peace in our daily life?
- Students representing the North-East Forum for International Solidarity
- BJP launches ‘Namo India-Fashion with Nation’ project in Nagaland
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 9073