Kohima- Chozuba- Zbto roads cut off
Road connectivity between Kohima to Chozuba and Zunheboto has been cut off since Tuesday due to severe mudslides blocking the highway along the ongoing two-laning Chakhabama-Zunheboto road construction.
Severe mudslides near Thenyizu village between Chakhabama- Chetheba disrupted the normal traffic since Tuesday. Further, atleast 4 or 5 places between Chetheba- Chozuba, Dzulha had also been reportedly affected
Source told The Morung Express that as result of the disruption of the traffic, the denizens along this highway route are facing untold suffering. Heavy vehicles carrying essential commodities and the community bus are unable to pass through this route for the past many days.
The public have registered its unhappiness with the concerned authority for not deputing enough machinery to clear the frequent mudslides.
Meanwhile, the Chokri Area Public Organization (CAPO) president Vezhosa Chuzho and Chozuba Range Public Organization (CRPO) President Thepule has appealed to the concerned authority to pay attention to the plight of the public and clear the road as soon as possible.
- Nagaland oil plan struck down
- NMA for fast track courts in Nagaland
- Naga schoolgirls play at Khedi Baptist School in Kohima Village, Nagaland
- SA choke again as England reach final
- Career counseling for science students in Dmp
- PHED and PWD workcharge employees write to CM
- Armed tax collector apprehended
- ‘Nagaland silk is world’s best’
- Akuluto VK area resolves non cooperation against NSCN (K)
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 808