All are Welcome: FNR
To avoid further confusion in the minds of the people, the Forum for Naga Reconciliation would like to state that the “Naga Reconciliation Meeting” on February 29, 2012 at Agri-Expo Centre, Dimapur, is being organized by the Forum for Naga Reconciliation.
In the course of “Naga Reconciliation: A Journey of Common Hope” the Forum for Naga Reconciliation has in numerous public meetings over the last four years asserted that it would eventually organize a large Naga meeting. The purpose of the meeting is for the FNR to report to the people on the status of the Reconciliation process and that during such a meeting it would also invite leaders of all Naga groups (factions) to share its position on reconciliation and its vision for a shared Naga future.
The proposed “Naga Reconciliation Meeting” to be held on February 29, 2012 is the very meeting that FNR had envisaged couple of years ago. The Forum for Naga Reconciliation was not formed in a vacuum. The concept emerged out of the Naga Peace Convention in 2008, and after a series of meetings, the FNR was formally endorsed by 29 Naga organizations at Hotel Japfü, Kohima. Since then, the more Naga organizations have reaffirmed the “Naga Reconciliation: A Journey of Common Hope” at different intervals - September 25, 2008; February 22, 2009; August 25, 2009; November 18, 2010; April 8, 2011, besides visiting various Naga towns and villages. And now on February 29, 2012, the FNR seeks to report to the Naga people on the status of Naga Reconciliation. Furthermore, FNR has extended warm invitation to the leaders of all the Naga groups (factions) to stand before the Naga people and to share their views on Reconciliation and their vision on a shared Naga future.
On February 14, three Naga groups publicly supported by extending invitation to the “Naga Reconciliation Meeting,” and since then other Naga groups have also endorsed it. The Forum for Naga Reconciliation would like to inform the Naga people, that the “Naga Reconciliation Meeting” is for the Naga people and because public trust was put on FNR to facilitate a reconciliation process among the Naga groups (factions), it is duty bound to share with the people its experiences in the Reconciliation meeting.
Once again, the FNR extends its invitation to the leaders of all the Naga groups (factions), the Naga Hoho, tribe hohos, ENPO, UNC, Nagas in Myanmar, Assam and Arunachal, all the women organizations, all the student organizations, colleges, schools, civil society organizations, village leaders, churches, senior citizens, GBs and DBs, Naga Council, Dimapur, politicians and bureaucrats and the Naga public at large. The FNR wishes to clearly state that no one is excluded. All are welcome to join the “Naga Reconciliation Meeting” on February 29, 2012 at the Agri-Expo Centre, 4th Mile, Dimapur from 10:00am onwards.
Forum for Naga Reconciliation
- MEx FILE
- Nagaland, a major honey consumer
- Rally against triple murder of Bor-Lengri on May 25
- Disaster preparedness taught in school
- Amway strengthens product portfolio in Nagaland
- Guns are displayed on packs of confiscated methamphetamine
- Azo exhorts teaches to be sincere
- STATE Briefs
- Training on scientific cropping
- Career Expo 2013 on May 27
- Promote unity through social development
- An ode to Manipuri activist Irom Sharmila
- Meghalaya Governor advises people to eat bat meat
- Northeast Briefs
- India govt targets ‘foreign funding’
- NSCB conducts village adoption prog
- The background history of Tenyimis family
- NCHSA meeting held
- Alobo Naga & The Band to rock “Free-Handed concert”
- Solution to Naga issue key for peace in Arunachal districts
- NSCN (K) corrigendum
- Indian capital are facing acute water shortage
- School kids fall unconscious
- PM, 2 others in fray for May 30 RS polls
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 994