CME on ‘Kidney Transplantation & HPB Liver Transplantation’
Officials and doctors from different hospitals in Kohima during a CME programme on ‘Kidney Transplantation & HPB Liver Transplantation’ in Kohima on September 20. (Morung Photo)
Kohima, September 21: The Down Town Hospital, Guwahati in association with Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima has conducted a Continuing Medical Education (CME) programme on ‘Kidney Transplantation & HPB Liver Transplantation’ at Hotel Japfü, Kohima on September 20 last.
The main aim of CME is to deliver a series of stimulating, interactive and practical learning experiences via lectures and case-centric discussions based upon topical issues around renal and liver transplantation over two sessions.
Dr. W. Nyuthe told media persons that the Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima in collaboration with Down Town Hospital, Guwahati will be treating patients for both kidney and liver transplantation. Kidney transplantation experts from Down Town Hospital Dr. Anjan Borkataky who presented slide shows on Kidney transplantation demonstrated the effectiveness and safety procedure in disintegrating and clearing stones in renal pelvis and also the procedure of kidney transplantation from the donor.
Liver Transplantation experts from Down Town Hospital led by Dr. Dibajyoti Bora who presented slide show point out that liver transplant is one of the most challenging procedure in modern surgical era.
In India, only few centres are carrying out liver transplantation, as the major hurdles for liver transplantation in India are lack of adequate infrastructure and number of expertise and lack of interest of the health care sector. Other difficulties are cost of liver transplantation, lack of public awareness for organ donation, superstitions and some misplaced beliefs. In this, he appealed to the local government and public sector hospital to organize public awareness programme for organ donation.
- India’s ambivalence on China can derail regional groupings
- ‘Christian leaders must live exemplary and honest life’
- Lok Sabha Speaker to grace NLA 50th Anniversary
- DUCCCF on Taxation by NPGs
- Two held with spasmo in Dimapur
- Indian Prime Ministers lack wisdom on Naga issue
- Of moral policing, recreational spaces & youth in Nagaland
- Union Budget to unveil second generation reforms: Arun Jaitley
- Indian Catholics now have three native saints
- BJP a major factor as Kashmir readies to vote
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 7926