Awareness campaign on Biodiversity Conservation held at Mongsenyimti
DFO, Mokokchung Yashi IFS speaking at the awareness campaign on biodiversity conservation at Mongsenyimti Community Hall on Friday, October 25. (Morung Photo)
Mokokchung, October 25 (MExN): A one day awareness campaign on Biodiversity Conservation organized by the Mokokchung District Forest Department was held at Mongsenyimti village where the villagers were sensitized on the importance of bio-diversity conservation and also on climate change.
The awareness campaign which was held at Mongsenyimti Community Hall was attended by Mongsenyimti Village Council, church members, student and women representatives.
The District Forest Officer, Mokokchung, Yashi IFS, while delivering the keynote address, appealed the people not to shoot the migrating Amur falcons that have arrived in the state. He cautioned that the district administration has already declared ban on hunting of wild animals and birds in the district and added that strict actions will be taken against the defaulters.
He therefore urged the village council also to check hunting of animals and birds in the forests, and made a particular mention of the Amur falcons. He said that the Amur falcons which came from Siberia do not belong to the Naga people and therefore we have no right to shoot them down.
Meanwhile, Limasemba, who was the resource person, enlightened the audience on the importance of conserving bio-diversity in the society and affects of climate change in the society. Earlier the programme was chaired by Mangyang, Deputy Ranger while the MBC pastor invoked God’s blessing at the programme.
- India’s ambivalence on China can derail regional groupings
- ‘Christian leaders must live exemplary and honest life’
- Lok Sabha Speaker to grace NLA 50th Anniversary
- DUCCCF on Taxation by NPGs
- Two held with spasmo in Dimapur
- Indian Prime Ministers lack wisdom on Naga issue
- Of moral policing, recreational spaces & youth in Nagaland
- Union Budget to unveil second generation reforms: Arun Jaitley
- Indian Catholics now have three native saints
- BJP a major factor as Kashmir readies to vote
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 7926