Villages in Wokha appeals for forest conservation
Wokha, February 21 (MExN): Ten villages under Lotsu Circle, Wokha district today issued an open letter to the minster of forest and the principal chief conservator of bio-diversity, government of Nagaland to preserve forest area under their village jurisdictions.
The open letter appended by GBs Union Lotsu Circle Wokha President Nkhyingo Ovung on behalf of the ten villages stated that the presence of wild elephants at this area for the past many years has been known by one and all and the consequences has been very grave as the villagers could not carry out any kind of cultivation. The constant destruction of paddy fields and other plantations by the wild elephant has been the going on for many years and human life have lost on many occasions. Thus, the ten villages could not cultivate the area and it became a reserve forest, lying waste for many years by now.
Therefore, the villages concerned has made request to the Minister of Forest, Government of Nagaland and Principal Chief Conservator of bio-diversity, Government of Nagaland to include the said area under the bio-diversity conservation, preservation of the traditional forest under various schemes for the welfare of the poor villagers.
The ten villages include Meshangpen village, Tsopo village, Chudi village, Longtsung village, Sheruechuk village, Morakjo village, Lotsu village, Pyangsa village, Moilan village and Pyotchu village under Wokha district would like to apprise the present condition of farmers of the above mentioned 10 (ten) villages under Lotsu Circle, Wokha district.
- Petrol Price Cut by 65 Paise a Litre; Diesel Untouched
- ‘We are fighting for our futures’
- Abbas, Netanyahu trade ‘accusations’ at the UN
- Healthy fat in olive oil may repair failing hearts
- PM Modi, Barack Obama say it’s time to set a new agenda
- Special bench of Karnataka HC to hear Jayalalithaa’s bail plea today
- 56% of Indian web users can’t last five hours without internet: Study
- ‘End violence against women’
- AR apprehends three NSCN (IM) cadres
- Gowda’s silver helps India stay inside top-10 at Asiad
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 5661