Peren District IPPI 2012 under way
Smita Sarangi IAS, ADC Peren adminitering the first Polio drop.
Dimapur, February 19 (MExN): Along with the rest of the country, 1st Phase IPPI 2012 got started in Peren District with an inaugural function at town Police point on 19th February 2012. Dr.B.Yanger Ao CMO in the key note address at the inaugural function called upon all the health workers and everyone involved to render their best service to make the programme a successful one. He added that the success of the programme lies not only with the medical department but also with the co-operation of the administration and public and further called upon the gathering to continue with the fight against Polio.
Smita Sarangi IAS, ADC Peren who graced the inaugural function as the Chief Guest administered the first Polio drop. In her inaugural speech, she marked this day as an auspicious day when each one of us realise our responsibility in eradicating Polio. The effort of all who are involved during IPPI was lauded by the Chief Guest as they have to go even to the most interior areas on foot to administer polio drops. She also called upon the public to co-operate with the medical department so that this trend may continue.
With the target to achieve 100% Polio vaccination, Dr.khrielasanuo DIO, Peren who chaired the function called upon the public to co-operate with the medical department and further urged the health workers and every involved in administering the Polio drops to make sure that not a single child is missed out. She further added that all the children from 0-5 years of age will be administered free polio drops through the Polio booths on 19th February 2012 and house to house coverage on 20th & 21st February 2012. Other highlights of the function included invocation prayer by Haiku Nza Pastor Peren Town Baptist Church and vote of thanks by Dr.Tiala Lkr, Dy.CMO Peren.
- AIR Kohima yearlong golden jubilee celebration
- NAGALAND STATE AIDS CONTROL SOCIETY
- HIV scenario in Nagaland: 14,563 tested positive
- ‘Vigilance Commission along cannot combat corruption’
- VC addresses meet on corruption
- Awareness on activities of Vigilance & Anti-Corruption
- LBS Mission Nagaland from November 12 to 26
- Nagaland Government offers interest-free loan to SHGs
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
- The Gut-Wrenching Science Behind the World’s Hottest Peppers