20th Assam Rifles seize IMFL, ganja
The driver and the handyman arrested on February 23 and the cache of liquor seized on the four occasions.
DIMAPUR, FEBRUARY 23 (MExN): The 20th Assam Rifles confiscated an assortment of illicit liquor and ‘ganja’ in four different places. The illegal imports comprised of 31.4 kilograms of ‘ganja’ and 177 crates of assorted IMFL. Six persons, including a woman were taken into custody and handed over to the Excise along with the seized consignments.
The woman, identified as one Shene Pao was caught in Heningkhunglwa, Peren on February 15. She was found ferrying 31.4 kilograms of ‘ganja’ which was said to have originated from Manipur and bound towards Dimapur. The same day, a truck (NL 03 A 1732) was intercepted by the 20th AR at Piphema carrying 113 cases of beer, rum and whiskey. Two persons, one Tsomokum Sangtam and a Mehtsuru Yimchunger were arrested.
On February 22 at Zubza, a car (NL 03 2176) was caught with 12 cases of rum and a crate of whiskey. Two persons, identified as a Surja and one Hapuni were detained. In the latest catch on February 23, 38 cases of rum and 13 cases of beer were confiscated from a truck (NL 05 T 8850) at Piphema. The liquor was hidden beneath 150 bags of wheat bound for Imphal. The wheat was said to belong to the FCI while the IMFL were supposed to be off loaded in Kohima. The driver and the handyman, identified as one Prem Rai and a Santosh Kumar were arrested.
- Thai court gives PM more time in abuse of power case
- Sherpas leave Mt. Everest; some expeditions nix climbs
- Bone marrow can cure blood disorders
- ‘Piles & piles’ of bodies in S.Sudan slaughter
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti beaten up in Varanasi
- SC forms panel over government advertisements
- Dalit, minority kids pushed out of schools: HRW
- Money, liquor & drug trail in these elections
- Nihokhu VC general meeting
- AR apprehends NSCN cadres, seizes liquor
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8886