NU capacity building workshop from July 16 to 20
Kohima, July 11 (DIPR): Nagaland University, Kohima Campus, Meriema, is conducting a five-day workshop under the University Grants Commission (UGC) scheme for capacity building of women managers in higher education from July 16 to 20.
Data show that the percentage of women at the higher levels of decision-making is very low in both the academic and administrative sectors of the university/colleges/institutes. This situation has affected the adoption of objectives, policies, programmes, curricula and structures that need to assure gender justice and equality in higher education.
With this in view, the UGC scheme for Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education has been formulated for women in the higher and middle level position to attend a five day workshop with emphasis on sensitizing women to the current situation, developing sensitivity to, and awareness of the decision-making position. The workshop is conducted for about 30 participants, by trainer Associates based on manuals prepared by the UGC for the scheme and the methodology is participatory. The Workshop will be held at Jubilee Memorial Hall, Lierie, Kohima.
- Drowsy young drivers have increased crash risk
- NSCN (K) issues “expulsion azha”
- Rare bearcat found in Assam
- Gandhi’s ‘blood sample’ fails to sell
- A call for ‘inclusive growth’
- Dziesetuonuo Linyü: A Dream Conquered
- Thejaselhou Yhome tops as NPSC final results declared
- India govt targets ‘foreign funding’
- Guns are displayed on packs of confiscated methamphetamine
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 953