‘Forgiveness is being real’
Dimapur, December 11 (MExN): Kethoser Kevichusa, Lecturer, Shalom Bible Seminary spoke in the third plenary session on the topic “Forgiveness in the growth of societies” by focusing on the relationship between forgiveness and politics.
According to him, forgiveness is not just a personal and emotional healing, and that it is not the same as forgetting but it should be, to remember and forgive. He mentioned that forgiveness is not a sign of weakness. It infact requires a lot of strength to forgive which may be more than the strength that is required to take revenge.
Forgiveness according to him involves judgment and truth, restraining oneself from reacting, and involves empathy. He added by saying that forgiveness looks for reconciliation. He therefore emphasized that forgiveness can make a difference in politics and social life as politics is about dialogue, negotiation, listening to one another, sharing things and resources even if they are limited, and accepting things that are imperfect. At the end, he said that forgiveness is being real.
- NPCC slams DAN's stand on ‘taxation’
- Abandoned woman dies in hospital
- Planning & Co-ordination officials inspect IWMP schemes in Dimapur district
- Call for entry into exhibit competition
- Nagaland News FILE
- 5th NAP Camp Phek observes World Blood Donors Day on June 14
- APO anguish over plight of Rengmas
- WDVCCA supports ACAUT and Ao Senden
- CRPO appeals Karbis and KPLT to withdraw ultimatum
- Deputy Commissioner Kohima issues directives for bandh/agitation/protests
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 756