NCWA seminar on role of women conducted
KOHIMA, JUNE 25: Nagaland Catholic Association (NCWA) held a three-day seminar-cum-executive meeting at Christ King Church, Kohima Village from June 22 to 24. The main topic of the seminar was, “role of women in imparting faith in the family and society.”
Alhou-ii Albina was the speaker in the seminar where 50 participants played active role. Rev Fr Mhabemo Mathew, Spiritual Director of NCWA and by Rev. Sr. Sandra, Women Co-coordinator of NCWA, ably guided them.
The theme of the seminar also highlighted the prime role played by mothers of families in equipping their children with sound knowledge of their Christian faith without which they easily fall victims to disoriented life, some of them even being in danger of exposure to seductions by the devil to ‘satanic worship’. Being aware of the fact that the family is the first school for a child, the mothers want to ensure that their children are well grounded at least in basic knowledge of their faith. They want their children to be saved only by Jesus Christ instead of being allured and finally destroyed forever by the crafty and subtle deceiver known as the ‘devil’. Annie Kath, NCWA President, said this was a very practical NCWA seminar-cum-executive meeting. It has ignited the participants to organize faith-related seminars in their own areas and find ways and means to grow in, live out and share faith with others. This will certainly help create a more God-oriented, peaceful and prosperous society in Nagaland, she added.
This was stated in a press release issued by Jonas Kerketta, Christ King Church, Kohima Village.
- ‘Lady of TN, better than Narendra Modi’
- What have we gained from your global trips?
- Opposition attacking my husband for political gains: Priyanka Gandhi
- ‘Govt committed contempt over order on black money’
- Gay sex case: SC agrees for open court hearing
- Acts of bravery emerge from pilloried ship crew
- Mexico bids goodbye to ‘Gabo’
- Career counseling seminar held for students
- English language lab installed in Nagaland
- CONFU promotes lac culture in the state
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8835