Training held on fishery pond management
Dimapur, February 16 (MExN): One day training cum demonstration on ‘Fishery pond management’ was organised by ATMA, Kuhuboto Block on February 13 at Suhoi Village Council Hall, with Sentinaro FI & BTT Member and Supongnochet, AFI as the resource persons. ATMA-Dimapur Deputy Project Director J Akato Chishi in a press release said that the training also included illustration on pre-stocking, stocking and post-stocking management. She also added that in order to rare a healthy fish, aquatic weeds, weed fish, and predatory fish should be removed by using nets or by manual work. Raw cow dung is used as manure for the fishery pond before supplying the fishery pond with water. Liming is usually done after two days of manuring. It is also made known to the farmers that, often, mass death of fish occurs in a fishery pond due to reduced amount of oxygen that is required by the fish for breathing.
- How do we express peace in our daily life?
- Students representing the North-East Forum for International Solidarity
- BJP launches ‘Namo India-Fashion with Nation’ project in Nagaland
- It's time to fight traditions that harm women's health: WHO
- In the face of govt apathy, public takes up road works
- So long, Farewell CS
- Silva brace lifts City to joint top
- Atletico de Kolkata wins first ISL
- MCCI irked at hourly load-shedding in Mkg
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 9066