Garo militants on the prowl
Shillong, February 21 (NNN): A plan to ambush vulnerable vehicle convoys of officials and police patrolling teams by a 12 member group of Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) cadres was foiled by the Special Weapon and Tactics team (SWAT) and CRPF Cobra forces in Bansambagre village near Williamnagar town of East Garo Hills in Meghalaya on Tuesday afternoon.
Acting on specific tip off about the presence of heavily armed GNLA cadres in the village, the SWAT and COBRA teams from Williamnagar cordoned off the village and before they could reach an isolate the house where the militants were camping, they were greeted with a volley of fire. Superintendent of police, East Garo Hills J F K Marak confirmed the incident, saying that there were heavy exchange of fire between the police and the militants.
- A grenade was found at Purana Bazaar
- KLLRU 'demands' foothill road
- Ao Senden opposes recognition of Mao as ST
- STATE Briefs
- Blockade Called Off by Kuki students
- MDBA organize special prog for senior members
- May 16 triple homicide accused nabbed
- Meet Nagaland HSLC topper
- NBSE Results Declared
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 919