Garo militants on the prowl
Shillong, February 21 (NNN): A plan to ambush vulnerable vehicle convoys of officials and police patrolling teams by a 12 member group of Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) cadres was foiled by the Special Weapon and Tactics team (SWAT) and CRPF Cobra forces in Bansambagre village near Williamnagar town of East Garo Hills in Meghalaya on Tuesday afternoon.
Acting on specific tip off about the presence of heavily armed GNLA cadres in the village, the SWAT and COBRA teams from Williamnagar cordoned off the village and before they could reach an isolate the house where the militants were camping, they were greeted with a volley of fire. Superintendent of police, East Garo Hills J F K Marak confirmed the incident, saying that there were heavy exchange of fire between the police and the militants.
- RCB beat Mumbai Indians by seven wickets
- BJP seeks apology from Geelani
- BJP’s charges of corruption against Congress false: Sonia
- Anna Hazare to launch ‘Asli Azadi Abhiyan’ on August 9
- You can’t cross our bridge, villagers tell politicians
- Modi neither superman nor magician: Virbhadra
- Oren Mozhui, the soloist and guitarist
- Resurrection of Nagaland
- Nagaland News File
- There is Power in the Resurrection of Jesus
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 9475