Garo militants on the prowl
Shillong, February 21 (NNN): A plan to ambush vulnerable vehicle convoys of officials and police patrolling teams by a 12 member group of Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) cadres was foiled by the Special Weapon and Tactics team (SWAT) and CRPF Cobra forces in Bansambagre village near Williamnagar town of East Garo Hills in Meghalaya on Tuesday afternoon.
Acting on specific tip off about the presence of heavily armed GNLA cadres in the village, the SWAT and COBRA teams from Williamnagar cordoned off the village and before they could reach an isolate the house where the militants were camping, they were greeted with a volley of fire. Superintendent of police, East Garo Hills J F K Marak confirmed the incident, saying that there were heavy exchange of fire between the police and the militants.
- ‘Invest in the future, defeat malaria’
- Microsoft launches app to control PCs via mobile
- Maruti Suzuki loses No 2 slot to Nissan in car exports
- Wisdom to build the future
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- ANSTA calls for release of SSA teacher’s salary
- Discovery to chronicle Mt. Everest avalanche
- Sex, lies and Goa's massage parlours
- RCN responds to NTC statement
- NPCC response to Home Minister’s Ultimatum
1 Displaying 1 - 10 of 8920