Peren District Task Force on COVID-19 meeting held at Conference Hall, District Hq Peren under the chairmanship of DC Peren-cum-DTF Chairman, Sentiwapang Aier, NCS on August 3. (DIPR Photo)
Peren, August 4 (MExN): Peren District Task Force on COVID-19 meeting was held at Conference Hall, District Hq Peren under the chairmanship of DC Peren-cum-DTF Chairman, Sentiwapang Aier, NCS on August 3.
According to a DIPR report, the meeting was also attended by Nagaland Zeliang People’s Organization (NZPO) President, Kevipelie Iheilung and General Secretary, Kingudi Joseph.
Briefing on the current COVID scenario in the district DSO Peren, Dr Hedungkeibe notified that only 35 occupants were presently lodged out of which 18 were positive. He highlighted the issues of lodging for frontline workers, paid testing and shifting of Heningkunglwa check gate to Punglwa.
After deliberations, the house decided that Centre Point Hotel at Jalukie which can accommodate 30 persons will be used for quarantine facility for health workers and arrangement to be made by DSO. Hotel Holiday Inn, Peren Town and Home Stay will be discontinued and Aine Nursing Home at Jalukie to be continued as Non-COVID Hospital till further discussions.
Regarding inter-district movement, the board after careful deliberation decided that:
- Restriction of Inter District travel w.e.f August 6, 2020.
- All commercial vehicles carrying passengers to be stopped and selected vehicles as approved by the respective Block ADCs for carrying goods shall only be allowed.
- Administration to issue an order for the Government Employees where 50% strength in all offices to be manned by personnel stationed within the District only. Movement of Government staff to be restricted.
- For random travelers, option to be provided to either enter the district where they have to get mandatorily paid COVID testing and quarantine for 7 days with paid fooding or to go back and return after 14 days.
- Travel to other Districts or Inter District via Poilwa to be totally restricted.
- Travelers entering the District on foot shall either be kept in police quarantine or paid quarantine.
The board members also decided to instruct Sanitizing Team to sanitize all schools before handing over after quarantine facility use has ended. This is especially in context to the upcoming Off Line Examinations to be conducted for students.
Taking note that a large area under Ngwalwa Circle is not being covered, the house also resolved to temporarily shift Heningkunglwa check Gate to Punglwa for a period of 14 days w.e.f August 16. Logistics to be arranged by the Punglwa Village Council. Incharges for coordination – EAC, Rumbemo Kithan EAC, Dr Hedungkiebe and NZPO President, Kevipelie Iheilung.
While discussing on paid COVID testing, the DTF members decided that it shall be conducted at a nominal charge of Rs.1500/- for those persons who do not come under the criteria for free testing like: visitors randomly entering the District in the coming fortnight from August 6 and on request.
The meeting concluded with the vote of thanks from the chair of DC Peren and further reminded the members that the next DTF meeting shall be conducted one week later i.e., on August 10, 2020.
Following the meeting, Deputy Commissioner Peren, Sentiwapang Aier, NCS issued an order on inter district movement.
DC issued the following directives to regulate the movement of people and vehicles in the interest of public health and safety and to minimize the risk of possible local/community transmission in the District for a period of 2 weeks with immediate effect from August 6.
- All inbound travellers/ returnee will be permitted to enter the District only through the existing check gate at Mhainamtsi & Heningkunglwa
- All unauthorized travellers entering the district will be mandatorily Quarantined and tested as per the Medical protocol on payment.
- Movement of public and vehicles in & out of the District shall be strictly prohibited except on medical/official emergencies with necessary permit from the concerned authorities from respective Sub-division
- Inter District movement of commercial passengers vehicles shall remain barred except vehicles carrying goods from Dimapur. All concerned Administrative officers shall come up with operational modalities as per the requirement.