Dimapur, June 26 (MExN): The Eastern Nagaland People’s Organization (ENPO) is adamant on its demand for a separate State and says it will not accept any economic package.
“The ENPO has so far categorically rejected all the offers made by the State and central government i.e., autonomous council regional council and economic package and has unanimously resolved to stand firm on its demand for separate statehood, ‘frontier Nagaland,’” the ENPO said in a note received here today appended by its president P Pongom and general secretary NT Thamlong Phom. The same stance has been reaffirmed on June 12 in Tuensang with all tribal organizations, the note said.
“Even on June 22 when the ENPO was invited by the honorable chief minister Shri. Neiphiu Rio for a meeting on the issue of developmental package, the ENPO has made it loud and clear that our demand is nothing less than a separate statehood,” the ENPO said calming that the demand is the “desires and aspirations of the public of eastern Nagaland.” The ENPO advises the public ‘not to be confused with the newspaper reports.’