ENSF demands recruitment of teacher before end of 2012

Dimapur, December 1 (MExN): Describing the non-appointment of teachers in the Eastern Nagaland districts as a crime against ‘humanity and basic fundamental rights as enshrined in the constitution’, the Eastern Naga Students’ Federation (ENSF) has appealed to the School Education Department and the State government to issue appointment orders to all the selected candidates of Eastern Nagaland from the mass Teacher’s Recruitment (GTs & PTs) without undue delay, before the end of 2012. 

If the Department fails to respond or comply with the Federation’s request, it will be responsible for any ‘unfortunate event’ arising out of a future course of action taken by the latter. This, the ENSF said in a press note received today from ENSF Speaker Throngso Yimchunger and General Secretary Changsang Soted.  

“The Federation wonders as to why the School Education Department is prolonging the issuing of Appointment orders to the Selected Candidates of the Eastern Nagaland districts viz. Tuensang, Mon, Kiphire and Longleng, when the complainants of Eastern Nagaland had already withdrawn their complaint from the court, both in letter and in spirit.” 

Following directives from the ENSF, complaints by the Eastern Nagaland Pre-Service Teachers Association (ENPSTA) and B.Ed Students’ of Eastern Nagaland districts had been withdrawn from the court but the appointment orders have not been issued even though “ENSF jurisdiction” continues to face a severe shortage of teachers, “hampering the career and lives of Eastern Naga students”.

“The Federation feels that the School Education Department is playing havoc in the lives of the educated unemployed who are selected in the competitive teachers’ examination conducted by the Department district wise, thereby committing a crime against humanity and basic fundamental rights enshrined in the constitution,” said the press note. 
 



Support The Morung Express.
Your Contributions Matter
Click Here