DIMAPUR, JUNE 26 (MExN): The Nagaland State Annual Plan Outlay for 2012-13 has been fixed at Rs 2300 crores, which represents a 27% growth over last year’s plan outlay of Rs 1810 crore. This was disclosed in a press note issued by Lalthara, Chief Secretary from New Delhi. The State Plan Outlay was fixed today in a meeting held at the Planning Commission between Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio.
Significantly, the Annual Plan Outlay of Rs 2300 crores contain provision of Rs 300 crores for Special Development Package for Eastern Nagaland. According to the press note from the Chief Secretary, the Planning Commission had also advised that for Eastern Nagaland a special development projects for the five year period of the 12th plan should be worked out by the State Government; for which the current year’s provision of Rs 300 crores should be treated as the first installment.
The Chief Minister also met the Prime Minister today at his residence before the Plan discussion in the Planning Commission, the press note informed. During the meeting with the Planning Commission, the Chief Minister was assisted by TR Zeliang, Planning Minister, Neiba Khronu, Deputy Chairman of State Planning Board, Chief Secretary, Additional Chief Secretary & Development Commissioner, Additional Chief Secretary & Finance Commissioner, Commissioner & Secretary to the CM and other senior officials of Planning and Finance Departments.
Meanwhile talking to Vision Communications here today, Rio said that Rs. 300 crore will be spent to improve infrastructure of the backward region besides setting up accommodation and offices for the government officials and administrative staff. Expressing thanks to the Planning Commission, Rio further said that the Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Mr Montek Singh Ahluwalia advised the state government to prepare a five-year plan for the backward region and execute all the development schemes within a definite time frame.
The Chief Minister and the Governor Mr Nikhil Kumar along with other state Chief Ministers and Governors will attend the North Eastern Council meeting tomorrow at the Parliament Annexe. The meeting is expected to discuss various infrastructure related schemes and also approve the plan outlay of the NEC for the year 2012-13.