DoSE Nagaland launches Online Student Evaluation Portal
Kohima, June 2 (MExN): The Online Student Evaluation Portal of Department of School Education (DoSE), Nagaland was launched by Menukhol John, Principal Secretary, School Education at his office chamber on June 2.
According to a DIPR report, the programme, among others, was attended by officials from School Education including Special Secretary, Kevileno Angami; Principal Director, Shanavas C; and Director, Wonthungo Tsopoe. Asano Sekhose, Chairman, NBSE and other officers from the department were also in attendance,
The Principal Secretary lauded the department officers for taking the initiative of developing the online portal and requested parents and teachers to encourage students to make best use of the provision. it said. The online evaluation process for students of classes VIII to X and XII will commence from June 3 as per the schedule already notified by the department.
In order to keep the children engaged during the COVID-19 lockdown period, DoSE has launched the Tele/Radio Education Programme on May 1. Overwhelmed by the interest being shown by students, parents and teachers, it launched the next tool of digital learning, the Online Student Evaluation Portal on June 2, the report said.
Initially, the broadcast was done for students of classes 8 to 10 and 12 and the same for students of classes 5 to 7 commenced from June 1.
As the digital social media platforms have more influence on people, all the videos telecasted through Doordarshan are also shared with public tvia DoSE’s Youtube channel, ‘DoSE Nagaland’ and Facebook page ‘School Education, Nagaland,” it added.
Details of Online Student Evaluation Portal:
• The portal can be accessed by visiting ‘https://dosenl.in’.
• It is developed in such a way that it could be easily accessed through any Mobile/Laptop/PC and would work efficiently even in 2G internet connections.
• Two numbers of tests, each of duration 45 minutes will be conducted for each subject from the video lessons broadcasted in the previous month - May 2020.
• The evaluation schedule is made available to students in advance so that they could view the video lessons again and prepare well for the assessment.
• On the specified date and time of evaluation, students will have to login into the portal and give response to 20 numbers of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions by clicking against the correct options within the given time limit.
• The page will be made active only during the specified time and will become inactive after the scheduled time.
• The portal can be used by any student studying in Nagaland voluntarily and marks secured in this online evaluation will not be used for any formal purpose of school evaluation.
• The result analysis of the ‘Online Tests’ will be made available to all stake holders so that they could employ appropriate remedial measures.
• Best performing students and schools will be rewarded so that it will serve as a motivation for all others.